Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ladies' Club - August

August Club Projects

This tea light birthday cake couldn't be cuter!  This idea came from Terry Blais.  Each "cake" was made with different colors from the Summer Smooches DSP.  Terry has instructions on her blog (under her Free Tutorial tab), which you can find here.


The Perfectly Preserved stamp set reminds me that fall is just around the corner.  Living in the PNW, fall has become my favorite season.  The Summer Smooches DSP provided the backdrop for the Top Note Big Shot die in So Saffron.  Early Espresso was punched with the Scallop Trim border punch and the Word Window punch.  The sentiment was cut with the Bitty Banner Framelet.  The Cannery Framelet set was used for the jar, jar lid, pear and stem.  These were stamped in Early Espresso and Old Olive.  Early Espresso Baker's Twine on the jar lid and pearls on the pear provided the finishing touches.



Our final project is something I had never heard of until Karen mentioned the technique at a club I belong to.  Karen always finds the neatest things!  It is called Triple Time stamping.  Dawn provides a video on the technique here.

This card is on a black base.  The Everything Eleanor stamp set provided the background stamp detail in pretty in pink.  Melon Mambo was used for the flower.  I love this combination of colors!  When using a dark card base, don't forget to put a lighter piece of card stock on the inside of the card too.  The sentiment is from Perfect Punches and was cut with the Apothecary Accents Framelet.  Pearls and 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain ribbon were also used.








2 comments:

  1. Love them all. I can't wait to do the Triple Time. Wish I was at club for it. But I know I will have my sample to look at. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool projects! Thanks for the shout out. The flameless tea light birthday cake tutorial is under my Free Tutorials tab, just so people don't have to scroll down through my blog posts. :-) I love the jar card and the Triple Time technique. Great job, Barb!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete