Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Apothecary Wet Embossing

 
Isn't this card elegant?  There is just something about black and white that draws me in.  This was a technique class I gave for my club members, and it's called the wet embossing technique.  You put VersaMark on the embossing folder and run your card stock through the Big Shot.  This example used black embossing powder on very vanilla card stock.  When you heat set the powder, it gives the illusion of being wet.  This card looks difficult, but it is really quite easy.  I love that kind of card!
 
 
 
Stamps:  Apothecary Art
Ink:  Basic black
Paper:  First edition specialty, very vanilla, basic black
Accessories:   Vintage wallpaper embossing folder, Labels collection framelits, Boho blossoms punch, 3/16" corner punch, Vintage faceted designer buttons, 1/8" black taffeta

3 comments:

  1. Cool card! I'm glad you showed a second photo of the technique closer-up. I love black and white cards. I think you did a FABULOUS job!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the wet look. It takes black and white, which I love, and puts it on a whole new level. Looks great Ma. You can do my wedding invitations if I ever get married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this look. Looks great and can be used for any type of card. Congrats on a great job!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete